Proverbs 10:22, “It is the blessing of the LORD that makes rich, And He adds no sorrow to it.” (New American Standard Bible)
|ESV||The blessing of the LORD makes rich, and he adds no sorrow with it.|
|KJV||The blessing of the LORD, it maketh rich, and he addeth no sorrow with it.|
|NIV||The blessing of the LORD brings wealth, without painful toil for it.|
|NLT||The blessing of the LORD makes a person rich, and he adds no sorrow with it.|
Also see the meaning of Seek Peace and Pursue It
The Blessing of the Lord Maketh Rich: Matthew Henry’s Concise Commentary
10:22. That wealth which is truly desirable, has no vexation of spirit in the enjoyment; no grief for the loss; no guilt by the abuse of it. What comes from the love of God, has the grace of God for its companion.
23. Only foolish and wicked men divert themselves with doing harm to others, or tempting to sin.
24. The largest desire of eternal blessings the righteous can form, will be granted.
25. The course of prosperous sinners is like a whirlwind, which soon spends itself, and is gone.
26. As vinegar sets the teeth on edge, and as the smoke causes the eyes to smart, so the sluggard vexes his employer.
27,28. What man is he that loves life? Let him fear God, and that will secure to him life enough in this world, and eternal life in the other.
Also see the meaning of Let All That You Do Be Done In Love
Proverbs 10:22 | Jamieson-Fausset-Brown Bible Commentary
22. it maketh, &c.—”it” is emphatic. Riches from God are without the sorrow of ill-gotten wealth (compare Ec 2:21-23; 1Ti 6:9, 10, 17).
Also see the meaning of No Eye Has Seen