Proverbs 18:22 reads, “Whoso findeth a wife findeth a good thing, and obtaineth favor of the Lord.” King James Version (KJV)
|He who finds a wife finds a good thing and obtains favor from the LORD.
|He who finds a wife finds a good thing And obtains favor from the LORD.
|He who finds a wife finds what is good and receives favor from the LORD.
|The man who finds a wife finds a treasure, and he receives favor from the LORD.
Also see, what does Bless Those Who Curse You mean? to learn more.
He Who Finds A Wife: Matthew Henry’s Concise Commentary
18:19. Great care must be taken to prevent quarrels among relations and those under obligations to each other. Wisdom and grace make it easy to forgive; but corruption makes it difficult.
20. The belly is here put for the heart, as elsewhere; and what that is filled with, our satisfaction will be accordingly, and our inward peace.
21. Many a one has caused his own death, or the death of others, by a false or injurious tongue.
Also see, what does I Am My Beloved and My Beloved Is Mine mean? to learn more.
22. A good wife is a great blessing to a man, and it is a token of Divine favour.
23. Poverty tells men they must not order or demand. And at the throne of God’s grace we are all poor, and must use entreaties.
24. Christ Jesus never will forsake those who trust in and love him. May we be such friends to others, for our Master’s sake. Having loved his own, which were in the world, he loved them unto the end; and we are his friends if we do whatever he commands us, Joh 15:14.
Proverbs 18:22 | Jamieson-Fausset-Brown Bible Commentary
22. The old versions supply “good” before the “wife,” as the last clause and Pr 19:14 imply (compare Pr 31:10).
Also see, what does I Will Have Mercy On Whom I Will Have Mercy mean? to learn more.